From a healthy snack or cinema treat, to a post-workout boost, discover how the IsaLean™ Bars were created to fit your lifestyle. Keep reading for the Top Five reasons you need to get your hands on these delicious bars!
- Convenient snack option
It can be difficult to stay on track with your healthy lifestyle when you’re on the go. This can lead to people choosing quick, unhealthy snacks which are often high in fat and sugar, provide an excess of calories, and offer few positive nutrients such as fibre. IsaLean Bars are perfect for people who are looking for healthy nutrition and have an active or busy schedule. They’re perfectly sized to keep with you for a nutritious and convenient snack option whether you’re travelling, at your desk, or even at home!
- Balanced nutrition
Whether you’re looking to build muscle* or include more protein to help reach your weight loss goal, IsaLean Bar is a quick and convenient way to increase your protein intake. IsaLean Bars are the perfect addition to your daily diet whether you’re following an Isagenix Weight Loss System or an Isagenix Energy and Performance System. IsaLean Bars are convenient, high-protein snacks providing high-quality protein as well as essential carbohydrates, fats and fibre. They contain 18g of protein that supports muscle building*, recovery post-workout and can support weight management (1).
- Great for post-workout nutrition
IsaLean Bars are an ideal choice to support recovery after your workout. After a workout, we should aim to consume some protein within two hours to stimulate muscle protein synthesis and help you get the most benefit from your workout (1, 2). The consumption of whey protein has been shown to lead to greater increases in protein synthesis than vegetable proteins such as soy, stimulating the growth of muscles (3). In addition to this, whey protein is higher in the branched-chain amino acid leucine than plant-based proteins, which has been shown to reduce muscle breakdown and stimulate muscle protein synthesis (1, 3). With 18 grams of whey protein per bar, IsaLean Bars are just what your body needs after a workout.
- Supports weight management
Protein also has a role to play in weight loss and weight maintenance (1). Consuming foods high in protein can help us to feel full, which can also help to control how much we eat between meals and at the next meal. Protein-rich foods also have a greater thermic effect, which means that more energy is required to digest, absorb and metabolise foods rich in protein compared to carbohydrate or fat (4). So, consuming protein can help you to feel full for longer and can help you to burn a few more calories!
- Tastes delicious!
Do you have a sweet tooth? The IsaLean Bar Chocolate Decadence has an indulgent chocolate coating with a chewy and delicious centre – you’d never know it contain all the goodness of protein and fibre! After one bite, you’ll soon be making these bars an everyday essential!
YOUR QUICK FIRE QUESTIONS ANSWERED…
What is an IsaLean Bar?
IsaLean Bar is a delicious, high-protein bar to help you stay on track with your healthy lifestyle even when you’re on the go.
Why IsaLean Bars?
With 18 grams of high quality protein, good fats and carbohydrates, it helps to support muscle building and is the perfect post-workout snack. The IsaLean Bar helps you reach your recommended daily protein intake and develop healthy eating habits to meet your weight goals.
- Egan B. Protein intake for athletes and active adults: Current concepts and controversies. Nutr Bull 2016;41:202-213.
- Moore DR, Robinson MJ, Fry JL, Tang JE, Glover EI, Wilkinson SB, Prior T, Tarnopolsky MA, Phillips SM. Ingested protein dose response of muscle and albumin protein synthesis after resistance exercise in young men. Am J Clin Nutr2009;89:161-8
- Tang JE, Moore DR, Kujbida GW, Tarnopolsky MA and Phillips SM. Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein, or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in young men. J Appl Physiol 2009; 107: 987-992.
- Westerterp-Plantenga MS, Smeets A, Nieuwenhuizen A. Sustained protein intake for bodyweight management. Nutr Bull 2007;32 (suppl 1):22-31
* Protein contributes to a growth in muscle mass. Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass.