Facebook can be a powerful tool to help you build your Isagenix business and network. There are over a billion active users on Facebook every month, and some of them may be future customers and prospects! In this article, we outline a few keys to success when using Facebook for your business.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Facebook
Being active on Facebook can be a great way to keep your personal Isagenix brand at the forefront of people’s minds. It’s also a great way to build credibility! Show your fans and followers that you are someone they can trust and rely on.
Always keep in mind that Facebook is a tool to build and nurture social relationships. It’s about sharing and connecting with people in a meaningful and inspirational way. Over-sharing can have the opposite effect! Below are some tips to ensure you’re adding as much value as possible with your posts.
- Ask Yourself First: Before posting, ask yourself ‘would I want to see this?’ Keep your audience’s personality, needs and wants in mind.
- Show, Don’t Tell: Share interesting and high-quality images and videos to tell your story.
- Let Your Personality Shine: Be yourself and use everyday language so that conversations are easy to jump into.
- Be A Social Butterfly: Tag friends, ask questions and comment on friends’ posts. Respond quickly to comments and questions that you receive; both the good and the bad.
- Check & Double Check: Take an extra minute before posting to proofread and check for mistakes. Be sure to read the Isagenix Rules of Membership and Code of Ethics documents about what you can and cannot post online.
- Beg For Comments: Don’t ask people for comments or likes – you want people to know you are being your most genuine self! Share interesting content to encourage engagement.
- Post Long Messages: Keep it short and snappy! Be to the point and people are more likely to read.
- Shamelessly Self-Promote: This is an easy way to lose followers! Being a product of the products is great, but being a walking advert for your Isagenix business on social media will stop people from believing your posts are 100% honest. Be enthusiastic, but genuine.
- Spam Newsfeeds: Take care not to post too much too often. A good rule of thumb is 1-4-10, which means for every one ‘power’ post about the products or business opportunity, you should balance it out with around four somewhat-branded posts and 10 non-branded posts unrelated to Isagenix.
Getting Started on Facebook
- Sign Up! Visit Facebook.com and fill out the ‘Sign Up’ form on the right-hand side of the page. Since it’s YOUR business, we recommend using your real name. This will also add authenticity, for a more human connection to your audience. As per the UK Isagenix Policies & Procedures, please do not use the Isagenix name or any other Isagenix trademark in any social media profile or group name, or place any social media ad campaigns targeted to European residents.
- Fill in Your Profile: Once you’re signed in, you’ll be directed to complete your Facebook profile, and be given the opportunity to provide some information about yourself and your interests. This, essentially, is a representation of your brand – what makes you who you are – so share as much (or as little) as you like. Keep in mind what you include here and how you want your audience to perceive you.
- Add a Facebook Profile and Cover Photo: The profile photo is the picture your friends will see next to your name everywhere on Facebook, so pick one you that you like and that represents you. If you’re family-oriented, choose a family photo. If you’re a fitness fan, why not choose a picture of you crossing the finish line at your first 5k or marathon? If you’re a sociable person, show a photo of you enjoying time with friends. Remember this is YOUR profile not an Isagenix profile, so DO NOT use an Isagenix image, product photo or logo in your personal profile photo.
- Privacy Settings: The ‘Basic Privacy Settings & Tools’ section is where you can choose and control what posts and information you do and do not want shared. If you intend to have only one Facebook profile for both your brand and your personal page, you may not want all your posts to be public. Always keep your brand image in mind, and ensure that your posts reflect you in a positive light. Do you want to share each post with the public, just certain friends (create a custom list), or a particular interest group?
- Post Content: Posting is simple and you can do it directly from your newsfeed or your profile page. However, take care not to over-post! If you ‘spam’ your friends and family with too many posts about Isagenix, they are likely to ‘nfriend’ you or ‘hide’ you from their feeds meaning they will no longer see your posts. Post interesting things about your life, share your story and people will come to you!
- Type what you want to say in the ‘Update Status’ box.
- Include a photo or video if you want to, but be sure it is engaging and of a high quality.
- Tag a friend – This will help to include your friends and will increase the views on your post.
- Spell check – Make sure there are no incorrect spellings or grammar, and that your post reads well.
- Click ‘post’!
- Engage Friends and Followers: Posting isn’t one-sided; it’s a two-way street. You’ll gain and keep friends and followers by sharing information, opinions, ideas and thoughts that are relevant, interesting, inspiring and/or entertaining. Interact with others by liking, commenting and sharing their posts. Find like-minded people! Be sure to friend and like Isagenix on Facebook, too!
- Build Your Network: Facebook makes it easy to build your network of friends. One easy way is to go to the ‘Find Friends’ button and search for people you know. Consider friends from school, university, your gym, sports team or the workplace – once you get going, it’s easy!